Eid is around the corner and everyone is already looking for options that would be great for the Eid dinner table. Apart from the usual biryani and qorma that grace the Eid occasion, here is something different. Handi chargha for Eid will make your guest have a memorable dinner or even lunch as the festivities continue to grow.
ALSO, MAKE Peanut-Butter Brownie Milkshake
Here is what you will need;
- 1 kg chicken – whole
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¾ cups yogurt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 2 tablespoon vinegar
- Quarter teaspoon food color – orange-red
- ½ teaspoon chaat masala
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
Here is how to make it;
- Marinate the chicken with vinegar and salt for at least 30 minutes. Put small cuts on the chicken so the vinegar and salt goes in deeper.
- Mix the remaining ingredients in a bowl.
- Remove the water that the chicken has released with the initial marinating.
- Mix all the mixed spices and marinate again for 2 hours.
- Place the chicken in a handi and cook till all water dries up.
- The chicken should be cooked until it becomes golden from all sides.
- Sprinkle chaat masala and lemon juice before serving.
- Serve warm.
Have a very festive Eid!