Having a diet that can boost fertility is essential for couples who are trying to get pregnant. Sometimes though, the food can get boring with the same repetitive options every day. Fertility smoothies is a great option for women trying to conceive. This is a fun and delicious way to boost your fertility.
ALSO, READ Trying to Conceive: Tips for Men
The Benefits of Smoothies
- It contains antioxidants which are very important for couples who are trying to conceive. Free radicals are very common in the body which accumulates by stress, toxins, illnesses, pesticides, too much exercise and too much exposure to the sun. These toxins need to be flushed for a healthier DNA and healthy egg and sperm.
- Having smoothies will fulfill the requirements of the body every day. For fertility, it is important that the body gets zinc, calcium, vitamins E, A, C and D, iron and folic acid. Any deficiency in any of the mentioned nutrients and vitamins can affect your fertility.
- Fiber is very important for a healthy pregnancy and for balancing hormones. It also helps in balancing blood sugar in the body which can become a problem during pregnancy. Having a smoothie will help in balancing the fiber in the body.
Things to Remember
- When you are making smoothies to boost your fertility make sure that you increase your leafy green intake. Raw vegetables will be hard to digest so always steam the veggies gently before making a smoothie.
- Keeping mixing up the vegetables so that the goodness of all vegetables and fruits can be taken in. keep the total sugar levels low so choose fruits like berries and apples.
- Make sure that you add protein to your smoothie. You can choose protein powder or if you want to keep things natural, add nuts or seeds. Avoid adding sugar to your smoothie, the taste can be substituted with honey and the natural sweetness of the fruits.
- Smoothies can ensure that you get all the good fats your body needs. Add fresh cream or milk with full fats in the smoothies. Avoid having frozen smoothies, the colder the smoothie the more energy your body will require to warm it. This energy should be used to grow healthy eggs!